It’s a mammoth task to keep up to date with the status of different pieces of tax legislation even at the best of times. This year, it might simply feel like an impossible task. That’s where our State of Tax Policy Report: December 2020, comes in.
The report, prepared by our Senior Advocate, Robyn Jacobson, CTA, lays out the status of key tax and superannuation legislative measures you need to know about. Some key areas covered include:
- Enacted bills, with a breakdown of the measure, the details of the bill and its start date.
- Information on JobKeeper and JobMaker Acts and related legislative instruments.
- Bills that are not proceeding.
- Bills before Parliament and their status at the time Parliament adjourned for the year.
- Exposure draft legislation.
- Discussion papers and other announcements.
- Board of Taxation reviews, Inspector-General of Taxation reviews, Parliamentary Committee reviews, and other Government reviews.
The enacted bills listed are those that received Royal Assent during the 46th (current term of) Parliament which commenced on 2 July 2019. Parliament adjourned on 10 December 2020, and will resume on Tuesday, 2 February 2021.
This comprehensive report is an indispensable reference for all tax practitioners and will quickly get you up to speed on where different pieces of legislation currently are in the Parliamentary process. It’s also member-exclusive content, so you can access and download it in the Complimentary Papers section of your member portal.
Not a member yet? Start your free trial to access this report instantly.
You can access this essential guide – and plenty more – by signing up for a free 2 month trial membership. Join our tax tribe today and get free access to member-only benefits valued at more than $2,400, including:
- 2 months free membership – worth over $115
- Professional development opportunities and up to 20 hours of complimentary CPD per annum – save $1,600
- Monthly technical papers that cover recent tax developments, tax cases, new legislation and ATO rulings – save $750
- Member only pricing to all the tax profession events, resources and videos you could possibly want