The past year has been one that will go down in history books as one of the most challenging in recent times. Not only has the profession been challenged by the impacts of COVID-19, but we’ve also had to change the way in which we live, work and communicate.
The Tax Adviser of the Year Awards are an opportunity to honour and showcase talented and dedicated tax professionals. In a year like no other, the Tax Adviser of the Year Awards 2021 are a chance to reunite with our peers and colleagues to celebrate all the wins of the past 18 months together.
As part of the 2021 line-up, we introduced the inaugural Tax Adviser RESPECT Awards. These special Awards were designed to acknowledge and celebrate the remarkable achievements of members who went above and beyond during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Not only has the caliber of entries been of the highest order, but we have also seen a higher than normal number of applications across the new and expanded categories for 2021.
We’d like to extend a massive congratulations to all the shortlisted applicants. These tax practitioners have shown achievement, vision and passion under extraordinary circumstances and we're proud to count them among our community.
Here are the finalists for the Tax Adviser of the Year Awards 2021.
Chartered Tax Adviser of the Year
The Chartered Tax Adviser of the Year Award is presented to inspiring tax leaders who consistently demonstrate outstanding technical expertise combined with vision, direction and innovation. The finalists are:
- Aldrin De Zilva, CTA, White & Case LLP
- Manuel Makas, CTA Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills
- James Massie-Taylor, CTA, BDO
Emerging Tax Star
The Emerging Tax Star Award is given to a developing tax professional who has demonstrated commitment and passion in building their tax career. The finalists are:
- Amy Liu, CTA, HWL Ebsworth
- Daniel Marateo, Cowell Clarke Pty Ltd
- Helena Papapostolou, Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills
Tax Adviser RESPECT Awards – SME
The Tax Adviser RESPECT Awards – SME are given to members who have gone above and beyond during this unprecedented economic crisis within the SME sector. The finalists are:
- Terrence Brauer CTA, Marsh & Partners QLD Pty Ltd
- Benjamin Johnston, CTA, Johnston Advisory
- Teddy Kosasih, CTA, Pitt Martin
- Marg Marshall, CTA WLF Accounting & Advisory
- Jeni Wilcock, CTA, Sullivan Dewing Chartered Accountants & Business Builders
- Alison Stevenson CTA, Matrix Norwest
- Philip Shepherd, CTA KPMG
- Linda Tapiolas, CTA Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers
Tax Adviser RESPECT Awards – Corporate
The Tax Adviser RESPECT Awards – Corporate are given to members who have gone above and beyond during this unprecedented economic crisis within the Corporate sector. The finalists are:
- Brady Dever, ATI, PwC
- Len Hertzman, CTA, ATO
- Annette Morgan, CTA, Curtin Tax Clinic - Clinic Director
- Stephen Southon, ATI, National Australia Bank Limited
Congratulations to all the finalists and best of luck at the Awards!
Don't miss Australia's largest event for tax professionals
The Tax Summit | 18-22 October 2021
The Tax Adviser of the Year Awards are a key part of the program at The Tax Summit: Challenge Accepted. We'll be announcing the winners and celebrating at the Virtual Awards Presentation on Thursday 21 October 2021.
Right now, you can save $200 on individual tickets with our Early Bird pricing.
Tickets start from $795. For more information and to register visit thetaxsummit.com.au.