It's been a busy year in tax policy but it's still not quite silly season at The Tax Institute. We are heading towards the holiday period with a late flurry of submissions and consultations.
We are currently working on the following submissions amongst others:
- ATO review of private advice
- Inspector-General's review into the Taxpayers' Charter and taxpayer protections
- Inspector-General's review into ATO's employer obligations compliance activities
- Treasury exposure draft on small business restructure rollover
And here are some upcoming consultations just to name a few:
- National Tax Liaison Group
- Consultation Steering Group
- ATO Tax Practitioner Advisory Group
- Future of the Tax Profession Working Group
- Lodgment Working Group
- Workshops on ATO review of private advice
- Board of Taxation consultation on foreign hybrids
- Private Groups Stakeholder Group
Your input on any of the above would be much appreciated. Please contact us at Tax Policy if you have any comments.