As a solicitor I pursue excellence in law; both thought and application, to me it is highly satisfying to make a difference. But having fun at the same time is important. Fun? I am a tax lawyer, a superannuation lawyer, a trust lawyer and an estate planning lawyer. I am also a senior principal of law firm Argyle Lawyers.
I am proud of what Argyle Lawyers has achieved, my charity trustee role is my way of giving back and cycling is what allows me to switch off.
I am the person who created modern estate planning in Australia, no other person can trace their embrace of this earlier than myself. In my early career I was usually introduced in my public speaking as the Tax Doctor of Death!
I also trace my superannuation fund skills and services to 1985, only few (still working) can match this.
- To gain professional recognition of my peers.
- To enable a personal reflection on my career.
- To gain a seriously unique marketing advantage.
- To encourage others in the tax profession to apply.
- Love and enjoy my family.
- Drink aged wine.
- Cycle over very long distances.
- Research tax, superannuation and trust law cases.