Members of The Tax Institute can access these presentations for free by clicking the links below (make sure you’re logged in to our website first). Non-members can purchase the presentations for only $12 each.
Many presentations have a related technical paper, which can also be found on the presentation’s page. Don’t forget, a Tax Knowledge eXchange subscription gives you unlimited access to these papers, presentations, articles from our journals, and much more.
- Gearing by SMSFs - Practical issues (Lisa Oddo, CTA)
- Income tax and the PPSA (David Wood, CTA)
- BEPS: Treaty aspects (Claudio Cimetta)
- Recent trends in demergers (Jason Barnes, CTA, and Nick Heggart, CTA)
- February bi-monthly tax update (Bills before Parliament, ATO’s dispute management plan, BEPS, stamp duty and recent cases) (David Cursaro and Mimi Ferguson)
- Tax deferred distributions (Antoinette Elias, CTA)
- Financial transaction taxes - Current state of play and potential impacts (Gavin Marjoram, CTA)
- Tax issues in restructures, acquisitions and dealing with distressed debt (Ian Kellock, CTA)
- Transfer pricing aspects of insurance & reinsurance operations (Geoffrey Gill, ATI, and Cameron Smith)
- The attribution of profits to permanent establishments (Ian Fullerton, CTA)
- Division 6C and MITs (Karen Payne, CTA)
- Policy & tax reform (John Freebairn)
- Base erosion and profit shifting: OECD perspective (Richard J Vann, CTA)
- Employee issues (including FBT, LAFHA, share schemes and termination payments) (Dan Hodgson, ATI, and Caroline Hickson, ATI)
- Stamp duty and resources transactions (Len Hertzman, CTA, and Michael Demiris)
- R&D tax incentive and compliance for the resource sector (Steve Elias and Aaron Ng)
- The "new" Part IVA (Grant Wardell-Johnson, CTA)
- Small business concessions (Angie Hicks, CTA, and Anna Tran, CTA)
- Powers of Appointment (Ken Schurgott, CTA-Life)
- Asset protection - Just how safe is your superannuation? (Peter Bobbin, CTA)
- Buy/sell agreements, funding and insurance - tax, practical and commercial aspects (Scott McGill, CTA)
The Tax Institute runs over 300 CPD seminars a year, and all papers and PowerPoint presentations provided by the speakers from our seminars are available through the website individually or through a Tax Knowledge eXchange subscription.