- Access global career opportunities
The Chartered Tax Adviser Program allows you to attain the prestigious Chartered Tax Adviser designation and become recognised for your tax expertise on the international stage.
- Relevant and practical tax training
The courses are designed by leaders in the tax field, in close collaboration with a wide pool of tax practitioners, to ensure that they are relevant, current and practical.
- Flexible study options available to fit your schedule
The Tax Institute understands that you are a busy working professional, and so offers a number of study opportunities throughout the year so you can arrange your preferred schedule.
- Education that is delivered by leaders, for leaders
Practising tax experts write, present and assess the courses, allowing you to gain direct access to this influential community of members and tax industry experts.
- Tax industry recognised
The technical breadth and practical relevance of The Chartered Tax Adviser Program course content is highly valued by employers as they provide immediate workplace application.
- Applied learning that is sought after by candidates
Career-minded professionals, seek out these courses for both their practical client focus and the application to common workplace compliance tasks. You will learn how to constantly engage with new and challenging problems and develop crucial business skills, making for a rewarding work life.
- Higher education provider exemptions
The Tax Institute courses receive recognition from a number of higher education providers, including UNSW, Atax and Curtin University.
- Specialise and strengthen your accounting credentials
In addition to formal university recognition, graduates can receive recognition for qualifications from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and CPA Australia.
- Achieve tax agent status
- Pathways for overseas professionals wishing to gain the basics in Australian tax
The CTA1 Foundations course is ideal for overseas professionals who wish to gain the basics to ensure they are “work ready” when they arrive in Australia.
- Different levels of dedicated education to suit your needs
- A cost effective investment in your career, and future
Upon completing the program you will possess vastly specialised knowledge. This, coupled with business skills, ensures that as a tax professional you will be financially rewarded for the value you bring to the table.
- Ongoing career professional development through membership pathways